You are an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) Designer, responsible for detailed design of OSP elements (mainly underground & some aerial) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Perform layout and design of fiber optic outside plant (Underground & Aerial) networks
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments.
- Work under supervision of a senior designer to complete complex projects.
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes for requested projects
- Travelling and working on site as required
- On-site work can include data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
- Perform quality control and possible field checks of construction and inspections
- Work through day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (road relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes).
- 3+ years' experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
- Experience in Underground and Aerial telecommunications design and construction practices.
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GPON, Copper and Fibre distribution standards and architectures.
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS, Spatial Net would be an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a drug and alcohol test and criminal background check
- Work from home now, office later
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Oct 15, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada