You are a MxU Build Technician who installs fibre optic cabling infrastructure in multiplexed units. You complete fibre infrastructure installations in multiplexed building, providing exceptional customer service and quality work. You enjoy working with technology and leading a team. You are able to work without supervision as well as in a crew.
To be a part of the Ledcor Team means more than just a job, it means being a-part of a family of supportive teammates, mentors and managers who are committed to being better every single day.
- Install Fibre Optic cabling and associated infrastructure into multi-tenant buildings
- Drive to and from customer locations in order to complete your work
- Performing installation of wiring in commercial and/or mixed-use buildings; Fibre, Coax, CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Trains and leads new workers on day to day work practices and procedures
- Complete structured wiring, utilizing a variety of wiring technologies
- Install Raceways, Distribution hubs etc.
- Fusion splice fibre cable where necessary
- Test fibre cables with light meters to ensure acceptable path and attenuation
- Interact with customers, tenants, and landlords in a professional and courteous manner to ensure work completed
- Troubleshoot technical issues during the installation
- Utilize handheld tools
- Follow direction of supervisors and team leads
- Work both indoors and outdoors as necessary to complete the work
- Ensure vehicle (if assigned one), test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Adhering to company safety working practices
- Previous experience working in construction, civil construction or landscaping is an asset
- Capable of using power tools for drilling purposes
- Experience working with Fibre optics and splicing is an asset
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract annually.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to travel to work locations that change on a regular basis, on a job by job basis
- Working on own and as part of a team/crew
- Working inside and outside when necessary
- Travel to project locations in Alberta and BC will be required as work locations could be anywhere in BC and AB.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 28, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada