As an Operator Competency Trainer, you will be working with the operational groups to provide competency and training programs that identify KPI-driven targets. You are an experienced heavy equipment operator with thorough knowledge of best practices, ready to pass on your knowledge along to others and effectively support the organization. In this role you will design and implement training programs that will directly impact ROI.
Join Ledcor’s Equipment team today!
- Deliver training in both classroom and one-on one settings to Assessors
- Perform consistent, accurate, and reliable assessments on operators’ and assessors’ abilities to operate specific equipment in the field, in a safe and competent manner
- Develop and implement training program materials. Perform reviews of program documentation to ensure consistency in the field
- Providing guidance and advice to key stakeholders (i.e.) Superintendents, foremen, competent assessors
- Maintain a clear understanding of current regulatory requirements, and able to explain requirements when necessary
- Responsible for the accuracy and validity of all certifications and compliances (e.g. first aid, equipment-specific tickets, etc.)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience dealing directly with equipment
- Capable of providing guidance and advice in a collaborative manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of mobile equipment safety practices
- Ability to write Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Basic computer literacy, including experience with Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDFs
- Ability to learn and understand software programs.
- Technologically savvy and quick to embrace new equipment technologies
- Being able to provide remote learning when required
- Valid class 5 license with the ability to obtain a Class 1 license and/or Air Ticket
- Valid Fall arrest, Elevated work platform, Telehandler, and Forklift operator certifications an asset
- Travel to various sites required (~50%)
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 26, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada