The Production Manager is responsible for helping facilitate a team of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers or Apprentices, as well as performing individually scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft and to carry out certification of the aircraft for flight (maintenance release). This position plans, directs and oversees the activities of a team as well as performing individual tasks related to the maintenance activities. This position will require scheduled shift as an engineer on the Air Ambulance program.
Apply now to Join Summit Helicopters!
- Conducts maintenance on aircraft, aircraft components, aircraft ground support equipment, and operational equipment as directed by the Director, Maintenance.
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness.
- Ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate.
- Ensures the proper recording of parts and labour.
- Develops methods of monitoring and improving productivity.
- Provides the company with direction and policy with respect to aircraft and the required equipment
- Ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with.
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations.
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine root cause, corrective action and follow-up.
- Establishes and maintains adequate parts/ material/ provisions for all aircraft, support equipment, maintenance facilities, and field operations.
- Carries out the applicable maintenance release of an aircraft.
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time as required.
- Assists with component overhaul, sheet metal repairs, and avionics repairs as needed.
- Possess a valid Transport Canada AME M1 and M2 License
- Have a Transport Canada Historical Record (pre-Civil Aircraft Register) of endorsements held and/or have held Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) for at least five years
- Hold a valid Canadian Passport and possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous maintenance management and supervisory experience required
- Previous experience on single and multi-engine medium aircraft including light turbine helicopters. (Bell, 412 series, and Bell 407 is a requirement.)
Summit Helicopters, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, delivers helicopter aviation solutions with one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. Learn more at www.summithelicopters.ca
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Dec 9, 2020
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada