Ledcor is looking for a Shipper/Receiver to join the team in Fort MacKay, AB! You are detail-oriented with a strong background in shipping or warehousing in an industrial yard environment. As a Shipper/Receiver, you will be responsible for incoming deliveries, maintaining the yard and working with a strong focus on safety.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensure everyone entering equipment yard signs in/out and has taken orientation and understands and follows our policies and procedures.
- Look after shipping and receiving of any goods large or small (60’ x 12’ office buildings, various mobile machinery, pallets, computers, etc.)
- Fill out bills of lading for items coming and going
- Assess and control all hazards before starting any task
- Oversee yard snow removal with shovels, skid steer and/or loader
- Maintain facilities (change light bulbs, fire extinguishers, set up office desks, take out garbage, etc.)
- Organize, sort and inventory miscellaneous items in the yard (equipment filters, parts, water hose, light towers, buckets, etc.)
- Clean up equipment and fleet vehicles (vacuum, wipe windows, dispose of garbage, install new logos, etc.)
- Respond to site requests in a timely manner
- Assist subcontract trades as needed
- Build wood sides for deck trucks
- Pickup parts and goods from vendors, including strapping down loads and drop off where needed (occasionally)
- Participate in a morning toolbox and fill out FLHAs daily and participate in a safety meeting weekly
- Previous experience in a similar role, with shipping and receiving experience is highly desirable
- Equipment experience on loader and skid steer using forks
- Must possess a full Class 5 driver's license with clean and valid 3-year driver's abstract
- Must be able to complete drug and alcohol pre-employment testing
- Must possess the following: BSO, CSTS-2020 and Standard First Aid level C, or equivalencies
- Must be able to read, understand and follow all Ledcor's policies and procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to lift up to 50lbs for extended periods of time
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel for inventory purpose
- Familiar with basic computer skills with Microsoft Outlook and word
- Candidates local to the Fort McMurray area will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Monday to Friday regular shift, working 10-12 hours/day. Must be flexible to work outside of normal shift if needed
- Working outside in adverse weather conditions
- Camp and travel are not provided for this role
- Access to a Ledcor vehicle will be provided for work tasks
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, pipelines and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 26, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada