Expressions of interest for Spring/Summer 2021.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Excavator Operators for our pipeline projects kicking off in spring/summer 2021. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
- Effectively and safely operates excavators, utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating excavators and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar experience
- Previous experience performing daily service and preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Previous experience working on mainline pipeline project will be highly regarded.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), First Aid Lvl C with CPR, Defensive Driving Training, and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Willing to provide a valid driver’s license and abstract.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 27, 2020
., Valemount, BC, Canada