You are an experienced Foreperson with heavy duty repair expertise. You know how to read schematics/diagrams and manufacturers repair manuals for work procedures and manufacturers specifications. You have experience leading a large crew, understand, follow, and suggest improvements to policies and procedures, preparing on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, enforcing safety regulations, following procedures on the scope of work.
Apply now and join the Ledcor team today!
- Demonstrate leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor’s health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrate ability to lead team effectively in the day to day execution of the work, manage resources, equipment, and labour
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Understands Ledcor’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility
- Leads and mentors the team, responsibly, with motivation
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with the Client, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and direct hire trades
- Reports to the Superintendent any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Understands and administers the terms of the Collective Agreement
- Assists the Superintendent in determining crew requirements during progression of work
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- General understanding of the Cost Structure for the specific area of the Project
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding budget expectations for specific areas of the project
- Supports the management team in ensuring quality for the client by providing the highest quality service.
- Works closely with the procurement team to take receipt and record appropriately the material and tools required
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Minimum of 5 years’ related project experience
- Journeyman Certificate (Red Seal) Heavy Equipment Technician
- Must have previous supervisory experience on Heavy Duty repair field
- Must be familiar with all OEM diagnostic programs and parts ordering systems
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ledcor requires possession of CSTS.09 (Construction Safety Training Systems). Successful candidates without it will be set up with the appropriate training required
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract (within 30 days of date of hire)
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day/night
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions in environmentally sensitive areas
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Nov 19, 2020
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada