You are an experienced Environmental Coordinator who will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Plan for the assigned project. You will be working with one or more teams tasked to install environmental controls and mitigation measures to safeguard water, air, and soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities. Your role is also responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment in the day to day operations of the project.
Apply today to join our team in Burnaby BC!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Develop, administer, and maintain waste management plan (including hazardous wastes) for construction site including waste manifests, cradle to grave tracking, and overall plan administration in compliance with client expectations and applicable federal, provincial, and local regulations
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation
- Responsible for field supervision of Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure project personnel are aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, First Nations and special interest groups
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/ resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representative
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Experience in the construction industry will be an asset
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental and waste legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sedimentation controls and BMP’s
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 5, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada