You are a detail oriented and motivated professional who will use your skills to manage contract activities including: reviewing, negotiating, drafting and interpreting construction contracts and related documents with the objective of identifying and mitigating business and contracting risks. Leveraging your strong detail orientation, you will perform legal inquiries, review and draft standard and non-standard contract terms and prepare invoices and other documentation.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount!
- Support Operations in their review of tender and bid documentation including proposed contract terms and conditions as well as ensure the documentation of recommendations, clarifications, & qualifications are in conjunction with the legal department
- Liaise with corporate counsel on contracting and risk issues where significant legal implications arise from the contracting process
- Ensure proper handling of contracts, support documentation and related files
- Provide project teams with understanding of the relevant aspects of the construction agreements
- Develop and maintain all processes and procedures including all standard agreement templates and documents
- Engage with and provide stewardship to project teams involved in the formation and administration of subcontracts and purchasing process including adherence to recognized Industrial construction bidding and award practices. Ensure flow down of Prime Contract terms in all subcontract and purchasing commitments
- Provide coaching and support to project staff engaged in the formation and administration of subcontracts
- Participate in the resolution of subcontractor claims and disputes
- Ensure the project is in compliance with internal corporate requirements related to contract administration
- Lead internal self-audits and continuous improvement of contract processes and procedures
- May perform other duties as required
- 6+ years' experience in a similar role
- Completion of relevant post-secondary education
- Previous mainline pipeline experience will be highly regarded
- Thorough knowledge of contract terminology, practices and concepts
- Familiarity with construction methodology and a thorough understanding of the risks inherent within the industry
- Excellent written and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to apply strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proactive, self-motivated and results oriented
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off
- Camp based position
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 2, 2020
., Valemount, BC, Canada