As Senior Accountant you are responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties such as generating monthly operations reporting and journal entries, annual audit support, account reconciliations and analysis, and overseeing payroll time entry. You will be responsible for working closely with our Aviation Operations.
Join our Ledcor team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Supports the preparation of monthly financial reports for all Summit entities and business units
- Posting of journal entries
- Preparation of monthly inventory reconciliations, and review of inventory issues to ensure parts are expensed in the appropriate period and classified appropriately
- Reviewing and analyzing passthrough charges, and recording accruals as appropriate
- Reviewing GL reconciliations, including AR, AP/accruals, and prepaid accounts
- Performing month-end analysis to identify variances vs. budget; investigating errors and anomalies, and works to obtain explanations and resolutions
- Conducts ad-hoc financial analysis and participates in projects as required
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives
- Reviews bi-weekly time entry for payroll processing, as well as the averaging agreement schedule tracking
- Reviews FTE reports prepared by Operations Accountant
- Provides leadership and guidance to junior team members to ensure operational requirements are met
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and develops process improvements
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role performing full-cycle accounting
- Experience in a multi-entity environment is preferred
- High level of proficiency in all MS Office programs; ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Excel, including the use of pivot tables, v-lookups, index match, etc.
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or a similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and competing priorities with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to take initiative and work in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Ability to supervise junior team members, delegating / reviewing tasks as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to build and maintain solid relationships with co-workers at all levels of the Company
- Quick learner with flexibility to learn new tasks and systems, and deal with non-routine matters
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 5, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada