You are a Preconstruction Manager with over 8 years of experience leading preconstruction efforts on multi-disciplinary commercial construction projects. Applying extensive construction knowledge, you will lead and coordinate preconstruction efforts on projects including conceptual estimating, detailed estimating, scheduling, constructability analysis, value engineering, BIM, subcontractor/supplier involvement, procurement and transition to the construction team.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Toronto, Ontario.
- Leads multiple projects’ preconstruction schedules and deliverables simultaneously through entire preconstruction phase from conception through to contract and handover to construction team
- Works closely with the project team members including estimators, project managers, superintendents and other selected professionals during preconstruction to ensure the necessary resources (e.g. site planning, logistics and development of general requirements) are committed to complete the required preconstruction service
- Actively participates in all design meetings with owners, architects, consultants and engineers during development of the design; provides feedback directly to owners and architects during the design process to enhance the cost, schedule, quality, and constructability of the project
- Supports business development activities by developing and advancing existing long-term relationships with clients and identifying new clients ensuring due diligence on identification and mitigation of risks
- Makes regular contact with clients, design consultants, and commercial real estate groups from time to time, exploring specific needs while creating new business opportunities
- Collaborates with the estimating department during preconstruction to prepare estimates for all stages of design from conceptual through to final construction documents
- Monitors design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and assures potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management (drawings, specifications, methodology, scheduling, subcontractor input, contract review, insurance review, etc.)
- Assists Owners and architects in evaluating different materials and methods to meet project objectives; leads the document review and coordination process to ensure Owner and/or Consultants deliver quality documents that mitigate risks and challenges later on in project
- Works closely with selected Subcontractors to develop detailed cost estimates, tendering and procurement strategies; evaluates subcontractor proposals relative to the scope of work
- Assists and provides input during the preparation of responses to various Request For Proposals (RFP’s) and Request for Quotations (RFQ’s)
- Provides mentorship, training and development to team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Coordinates with Owner to assist in authorities having jurisdiction approval process including SPA, building permit, local power authority, municipal services, discharge agreements, etc.
- Coordinates with Owner to assist in site investigations, including locates, daylighting, additional soils and groundwater testing, vibrations monitoring, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 8+ years related industry experience in a strategic or direct management role with demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team and build solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent combination of technical training or experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets, planning of a project schedule and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders; Able to focus on developing long term partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure our contributions to their continued success and to maximize long term gains
- Anticipates constructability issues in complex situations and creates new solutions for construction plan and schedule. Anticipates problems or challenges and propose innovative solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others to establish consensus among team members. Act as a facilitator and mentor in extremely complex or interdependent projects.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Work From home now, office later
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 12, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada