Working as a Senior Project Coordinator you will be responsible for completing a wide range of tasks, assisting operations staff in the implementation of agreed project plans, ensuring completion on time and within budget. Working independently or with limited supervision, the Senior Project Coordinator applies knowledge and skills to resolve a variety of issues and works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve team goals throughout the project lifecycle.
Join our team in Winnipeg today!
- Promotes Ledcor safety culture on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance with corporate safety manuals and all regulatory boards and authorities
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up, including set up of projects billings, cost accounting system, and project directory
- Oversees project close-out by ensuring the preparation of warranty package, turnover document creation and site demobilization
- Acts as a mentor to team members performing general document control and recordkeeping functions
- Analyzes project milestones and financial deadlines, and the impact of critical path
- Develops and manages projects with limited risk and resource requirements, or segments of larger projects
- Drafts the subcontractor agreement and manages subcontract changes. Advises on invoice and progress claims
- Leads the change order process, analyzes changes to drawing to assess impacts, and assists with contract negotiations
- 6+ years related work experience or related combination of relevant education and experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, and specifications; comprehensive knowledge of current construction practices and methodology
- In-depth knowledge of main construction office processes including project set-up, subcontract management, change orders, RFIs, lien holdbacks and closeout
- Strong computer background, including experience with MS Word, Excel and scheduling software
- Ability to motivate, coach and guide other team members clearly and persuasively
- Ability to communicate clearly and respond to project stakeholder requests in typical situations; able to anticipates client needs and proactively identifies solutions to nonstandard task/queries
- Office based position with up to 5 days on site per month
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 17, 2020
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada