You are a Project Coordinator with experience working for a multi-disciplinary and/or self-performing contractor in heavy civil infrastructure projects. You will provide technical and/or management support and assist operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects. This exciting role will be a key figure in the overall site project plan and execution.
Apply now and join our industry leading Constructors Infrastructure group in Toronto today!
- Support the PM and project team as to ensure the successful delivery of project requirements
- Implement and maintain Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including project specific plans and policies, job site trailer/office set up and the project directory
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Support the contract management process: tender and award work or material supply; review and process invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Assist with the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval.
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, assisting with the creation and maintenance of the project schedule
- Coordinate the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment.
- Organize project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Completion of post-secondary education in Civil Engineering or related construction discipline.
- 3+ years of previous work experience on heavy civil infrastructure projects
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel and Primavera scheduling software or MS project
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of General construction processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presents information clearly in an appropriate style and persuades others in straightforward situations
- Contribute actively to team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to work various schedules based on the project requirements
- Site Based role, must have valid driver’s license
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Dec 22, 2020
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada