You have knowledge in Outside Plant (OSP) Design and OSP elements (underground & aerial) and fiber designs of telecommunication networks. You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB today!
- Perform layout and design of fiber optic outside plant (Underground & Aerial) networks
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, relocations, greenfield residential and commercial developments
- Collaborate with senior designers to complete complex projects.
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables and updates are maintained
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide estimates for requested projects
- Travelling and working on site as required
- On-site work can include data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
- Perform quality control and possible field checks of construction and inspections
- Work through day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (road relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes)
- Experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
- Experience in Underground and Aerial telecommunications design and construction practices
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GPON, Copper and Fibre distribution standards and architectures
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements
- Office based position
- Regular site visits required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 1, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada