As Bid Manager, you will architect the response to a bid and have prime responsibility for the pursuit, end to end. You will liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, support the estimating team on pricing, review bid documents and capture project risks and contractual terms. You will ensure our bid submissions are market-competitive while ensuring we meet our financial targets. On successful award of work, you will support contract negotiations and complete a thorough hand off to the project team.
This is a dynamic role supporting new project and program bids for our Western Canadian team. Apply today to join Ledcor in Vancouver, BC!
- Establish a team of subject matter experts as appropriate to support pricing of the Scope of Work, the terms and conditions of the Contract, and identification of risks.
- Structure and organize the bid process for projects and programs, including ones considered large and complex, ensuring bid strategy is understood by key senior stakeholders, all required reviews and approvals are obtained, and all bid schedule deliverables are met.
- Support estimating and pricing process including development of resource strategy and plan.
- Have a strong understanding of productivity factors for a wide range of telecom activities.
- Develop execution/operational plan and preliminary schedule.
- Ensure that input from Operations, HS&E, Legal, Quality, Risk Management, and insurers are incorporated into the risk analysis, proposed variations to the Contract, and bid response.
- Lead operational reviews and final reviews.
- Assist with subcontractor price negotiation.
- Lead client contract negotiation.
- Lead thorough handover to the project team
- Prepare and develop lessons learned/feedback loop to incorporate into future bids
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a similar role or Project Management role
- 5+ years telecom operational experience, or similar
- Demonstrable skills working in a position requiring influence with peers and executives to move plans/projects forward.
- In depth understanding of telecom industry.
- Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred, relevant experience or education will be considered
- Understanding of financial modelling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with a diverse group of internal and external individuals
- High standard of performance, ability to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with a high proficiency in Excel
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 14, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada