You are a hard working, team player with previous experience as an experienced Traffic Control Superintendent on Highway Construction or major civil Infrastructure projects. You have a positive attitude, and always takes pride in your work.
Join the Ledcor Highways Construction team in the Greater Vancouver area today!
- Weekly site audits checklist.
- Daily site video and site checks.
- Ensure crews are following traffic rules and regulations.
- Daily coordination with crews and contributing to planning to maximize construction activities that need traffic support.
- Incident reporting, tracking, and filing.
- Setting up internal traffic team with tools, equipment, PPE and documentation needed (including work plans, permits etc.)
- Planning upcoming works and submitting order list of what is required.
- Tracking monthly costs.
- Booking subcontractors and being point of contact for them.
- Prepare and maintain a “Detour Implementation Checklist”.
- Provide daily debrief to Traffic Manager and discuss any concerns/ issues.
- Provide direction and guidance to Traffic Foreman.
- Track and upload all documentation.
- Schedule and plan for next day and night shift.
- High Level Detour planning with coordinators.
- Assist with planning and preparing Traffic Control Plans.
- Hiring and training of new traffic staff.
- Previous experience as a Traffic Control Technician in a supervisory or leadership role
- Must have a Class 5 driver's license and clear driver's abstract
- BC Traffic Control Certification is mandatory
- Experience with Construction and Traffic Control Activities
- Good professional work attitude
- Familiar with BC Highways and Crash Attenuator Trucks
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a team player
- Candidates local to the Greater Vancouver area is preferred, as work is mainly in Delta and Burnaby, BC areas
- Candidates should be flexible to various shifts both day and night
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Work will run into late 2022
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 20, 2021
1200, 1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada