You are an experienced Project Controller responsible for the financial integrity of the project. Management of day-to-day accounting administration, cost reporting and audit participation is essential. As the Project Controller, you lead a team providing mentorship, training as well assisting with hiring and performance reviews.
Please note, this is a site based position.
Join our True Blue team today!
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations, records of employment and daily timesheets
- Liaison between site and office team and industrial relations
- Ensure compliance to provincial and federal regulations along with any applicable collective agreements
- Ensure compliance with builder’s lien act, holdbacks, payment processes, contract terms and closeouts
- In depth understanding of contract requirements for billing
- Ensures LEMs, invoices and progress claims are created when required and follow process for signatures
- Verifies LEM requirements are being met and ensures rates are accurate per contract
- Onboarding, mentoring and development of Project Accountants and Leads
- Recognizes errors and issues in processes, implements solutions
- Developing client relationships with equivalent peer group/contracts
- Perform internal audits to ensure project is audit ready
- Work with project management team to complete the Monthly Management Reviews and cost reports
- Prepare cost and profitability reporting
- Provide reporting and information to Project Management & Operations as required
- Auditing the project finance team to ensure timely and accurate KPI’s
- Strategic planning, budget reviews and risk analysis with upper management
- 5 or more years of experience in a similar role and/or a post-secondary business degree
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Previous experience with construction administration and contract commercial terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Remote worksite rotational shift - 15/3 or 10/4 schedule typical. Travel and accommodations provided. Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 27, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada