As the Line Painting Supervisor, you will be a part of Ledcor's Highway Maintenance team across Alberta. You will be responsible for smooth functioning of the pavement marking crews and successful delivery of the programs, in accordance with Ledcor and Client expectations. You're an enthusiastic leader with the ability to delegate work and deliver high safety and quality standards.
Join Ledcor's Highway Maintenance Team today!
- Responsible for day-to-day direct supervision of the pavement marking crews, including conducting daily toolbox meetings, worksite inspections, worksite observations, development of corrective actions, and interventions on unsafe acts or conditions.
- Organize daily work programs and work assignments, including accurately forecasting needs and requirements and ensuring that resources are utilized in a cost efficient and effective manner.
- Consistently support and demonstrate Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success. Lead by example and ensure that safe work practices and procedures are constantly followed.
- Lead, mentor, and develop his/her direct reports and other team members, while leveraging individual and group strengths to achieve business objectives.
- Provide clear performance expectations and ensures direct reports understand how their individual performance impacts business outcomes. Monitor employees’ performance and coach for improvement as required.
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment. Proactively addresses issues that may arise in a fair, respectful and consistent manner, in accordance with the collective agreement and company policies.
- Closely monitors key performance indicators (i.e. crew wellness, HSE policies, quality, productivity, equipment and cost) and implement necessary improvements where applicable.
- Regularly inspects equipment and ensures the preventative maintenance schedules and requirement are followed. Communicate repair work to his/her supervisor or equipment manager. Ensure that minor equipment maintenance is performed in-house and identifies all other work as approved.
- 5-7 years of highway line painting experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Must possess a valid Driver's license and clean driver's abstract
- Ability to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures, as they apply to common highway maintenance and construction processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Ministry of Transportation and/or Municipalities Pavement Markings specifications.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of Pavement Marking and other highway maintenance equipment.
- Knowledgeable regarding National Safety Code and Commercial Vehicle Regulations.
- Understanding of contract documents, costs and schedule. Able to plan and steward to business targets.
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project/business stakeholders.
- Capable of identifying problems, generating solutions, and fostering a team approach.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Able to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software an asset.
- Work locations will vary across Alberta, travel will be required
See what it’s like to be part of our True Blue team and how you can grow your career by watching this True Blue video.
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 4, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada