As the Business Operations Specialist you are an advocate for effective construction management processes with strong technical knowledge of construction software. You have practical experience in managing construction projects and possess the communications skills to collaborate with, train and influence diverse project teams. In this role, you will be a key player in a critical transformation initiative to evolve how our Ledcor Construction division delivers their projects.
Reporting to the Senior Business Process Manager – Operations Support, you will be part of the Construction Shared Services group in the Operational Support Team (OST). You will work closely with the Senior Management and Project Teams across Ledcor, as well as corporate shared services groups in the company in support of our commitment to provide continuous development of best practices.
Apply today to become part of our CSS-Operations Team.
- For the limited Procore Pilot efforts, provide progress assessment for all Procore modules to Senior Management with respect to Ledcor’s business processes and procedures
- Provide similar support for future pilot initiatives with project management software
- Work with project teams to identify and respond to business issues / project specific requirements from job set up to job close using the Procore modules and their data output
- Track issues and resolutions through the pilot on multiple projects in Toronto and Vancouver
- Assist to ensure that all reporting is accurate and timely with ability to provide specification and design for reports as required
- Develop, troubleshoot and communicate application and reporting requirements in all modules of Procore
- Provide operational support for internal policies and procedures.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop and maintain procedures, user guides and quick reference guides within the pilot projects.
- Evaluate and research system capabilities for integration to all current and future operational and financial applications
- 5+ years of field application experience within construction project management software (e.g. Prolog, Procore, contract management, etc.).
- 5 years previous construction job costing and/or project accounting experience, or similar role
- Familiar with all financial and project management modules in JDE, implementation or upgrade experience is an asset
- Previous experience in a Project Manager, Superintendent, or Project Coordinator/Engineer or similar role would be preferred
- Experience with project management systems, processes, procedures, verification and business controls
- Ability to multitask, be proactive and a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), strong leadership, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Excel, Word, SharePoint and web based video conferencing
- Field based position (serving multiple project site) and Office
- Travel to/from Toronto and Vancouver, as required post COVID-19
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 29, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada