You are an experienced Foreperson with experience in the Highway Construction industry. You will be looking after a crew working on various projects throughout Alberta. You are an enthusiastic leader with the ability to delegate work and deliver high safety and quality standards.
This is a future opportunity. If you think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Click ”Apply” and complete your application to show your interest. Apply today!
- Demonstrate ability to manage resources, equipment, and labour to help with work planning needs, workmanship, and productivity
- Ensure that Operators are completing their equipment checklists and that equipment is in safe operating condition
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
- Encourage safety culture and lead by example in promoting a safe work environment for the crew, equipment, and the environment
- Lead daily toolbox meetings, and review the crew’s field level hazard assessments
- Provide effective leadership and ensure employees are trained/competent to perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently
- Filling employee timesheets and other daily reports
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Highway Construction Operations including base work and paving.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of pavers/screeds, rollers, skid steers, loaders, and traffic control management
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as a team
- Ability to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- This position is likely to run from May to November 2021
- Candidates must be flexible to work on projects throughout central/northern Alberta
- 6/1 shift rotation working 10-14 hours per day. Candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule
- Living out allowance of $130 per day is provided
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Camp area with hookups provided for those with an RV or trailer
We offer competitive wages and the opportunity for year-round employment and the chance to work with a team that has an amazing work and safety culture.
Feb 17, 2021
27420 Township Road 374, Red Deer, AB, Canada