You are a safety-conscious Plant Foreman with experience in the highway construction industry and asphalt plant operations. You will be looking after a crew working on various projects throughout Alberta. You are an enthusiastic leader with the ability to delegate work and deliver high safety and quality standards.
This is a future opportunity. If you think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Click ”Apply” and complete your application to show your interest.
Join the Ledcor Highways Construction team on various projects throughout Alberta!
- Manage resources, equipment, and labour to forecast work planning needs and requirements
- Ensure operators are completing their equipment checklists and that equipment is in safe operating condition
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures and lead by example in promoting a safe work environment for crew, equipment and the environment
- Inspect plant equipment regularly and ensures preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Lead daily toolbox meeting, and review the crew’s field level hazard assessments
- Provide effective leadership and ensure employees are trained/competent to safety and efficiently perform assigned tasks
- Filling employee timesheets and other daily reports
- Ensure plant production is within quality specifications, investigate non-compliance as necessary
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Highway Construction plant operations, including the operation of the asphalt plant, skid steers, and loaders
- Must be mechanically inclined and have basic computer skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- This position is likely to run from May to November 2021
- Candidates must be flexible to work on projects throughout central/northern Alberta
- 6/1 shift rotation working 10-14 hours per day. Candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule
- Living out allowance of $130 per day is provided
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Camp area with hookups provided for those with an RV or trailer
Ledcor offers competitive wages and the opportunity for year round employment and the chance to work with a team that has an amazing work and safety culture.
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 17, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada