You are an experienced Sideboom Operator looking for a great wage, extensive benefits, and a company who prides themselves on safety. If you have previous experience operating within a crowded, fast-paced industrial construction environment then take advantage of the opportunity to be home at the end of each work day.
Join the Ledcor Industrial team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and winter operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS 2020 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment.
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Camp and travel are not provided for this project
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 28, 2021
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada