This role will give you the opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of this major infrastructure project. The Project Controls Manager on this package of the TEMP, assumes a leadership role by providing guidance to project controls staff and is responsible for overseeing and managing project controls activities and resources. Your project controls expertise will allow you to effectively ensure that the project costs, forecasts, and schedule are tracked accurately and in a timely fashion until completion of project, in order to exceed client expectations.
Apply today to join our pipeline team!
- Develops thorough understanding of the contract provisions, scope of work, estimates, budgets, and procurement/contracting plan for the assigned projects
- Interfaces with client personnel in matters related to project controls
- Monitors, coordinates and supervises the related activities of employees
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies, forecasts, performance, and costing information
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Manages performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Leads the preparation of project schedules with input from client, engineering, procurement and construction as well as the developing, preparing and collecting schedule and cost data for project reports
- Maintains support and tracks implementation of progress reports and schedules from bidding phase to close-out
- Accountable for team or departmental results and for the impact of the results
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience, preferably in the Pipeline field
- Post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience using Primavera (P6), Document Control technology, TILOS, JDE & GIS
- Understanding of pipeline construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- Familiar with pipeline construction methodology and practices
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Facilitator and mentor; moves the team forward in conflict situations
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to understand the engineering, procurement, and construction phases
- Site based position
- 6&1 rotational shift
- Camp lodging provided
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 29, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada