You’re a seasoned Superintendent with over 10 years of field operations experience in a leadership capacity, working in multi-disciplinary construction projects. You are recognized as an expert in the residential construction industry and have a proven track record of project successes. You will be responsible for executing construction projects according to Ledcor’s high safety and quality standards. You’re a natural leader with the ability to delegate work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 10+ years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; strong working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Facilitation and mentoring skills—ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jan 29, 2021
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada