As a Design Build Manager you will be responsible for providing management and oversight for design requirements including large, complex P3 and design build and light industrial construction projects from pursuit through execution. You will work closely with the Construction Manager and Preconstruction project team. You will lead the design management, design scheduling, compliance requirements and input in the development of subcontract packages, risk mitigation log and value analysis.
Join our Ledcor Building team in Toronto, ON.
- Manage the planning, implementation and allocation of resources and activities of P3 and design build projects to ensure project completion within timelines, design specifications and budget.
- Determines, defines and monitors design schedules and deliverables, including development permit, phased building permit and tender packages
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Participates in the analysis of bids, negotiations and awarding of contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Facilitates the project design considerations of Project Quality Program
- Assist in project pursuits including RFQ, RFP and project execution
- Provides input into development of Risk Register
- Participates in the process to identify and select design consultants; Negotiates agreement of scope and terms and conditions with consultants
- Provides architects and designers with clear and consistent goals and objectives, standards, schedule and budget for projects
- Collaborates with Project Director, preconstruction team, Building Informational Modelling (BIM) specialist and other project members to review and evaluate best systems, materials and methods
- Assists in the management of change control during design development and construction document phases
- 10+ years’ experience managing the design management process from inception to project handover on health care, institutional and cultural projects
- Strong understanding of Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) methodology
- Completed post-secondary education in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline. Experience bidding relevant Design Build and P3 projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Proficient with MS Office; understanding of building codes, LEED and CSA standards
- Revit and Navisworks an asset
- Strong negotiation skills: ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Ability to tap into your network of design consultants, architects and public agencies is an asset
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office based position or site assignment on larger projects
- Some travel will be required to project sites and/or office locations
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 12, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada