You are a Strategic Sourcing Specialist looking for an opportunity to manage corporate-wide sourcing initiatives, including analysis, RFx development and execution, vendor negotiation, contract development and implementation, to assist in development and evaluation of procurement operations, identifying sourcing opportunities and contributing to annual savings targets.
Apply today to become part of Ledcor’s dynamic Strategic Sourcing team in either Vancouver, BC or Edmonton, AB
- Conduct industry and market research related to sourcing and sourcing categories and when entering a new market/region
- Establishes analysis objectives, analyzing financial data (spend analysis), market data (market analysis), operations data (needs analysis) and creates conclusions, recommendations and reports in accordance with analysis objectives
- Supports team members with project planning, documentation and coordination of activities
- Conducts compliance reviews
- Performs supplier availability and capability market studies
- Develops and distributes Requests for Proposals (RFPs), evaluating and consolidating responses
- Negotiates with vendors, identifies risks and recommends changes to contractual language and oversees contract execution
- Assists senior team members in preparing management reports and conducting regular team meetings
- Conducts and reviews supply chain spend analysis, builds cost models and conducts costing studies for identified opportunity areas
- Liaises with subject matter experts within operating groups to develop knowledge and gather information about procurement needs and practices to identify potential sourcing opportunities
- 2-4 years of experience in supply chain management, sourcing, procurement, material management is an asset
- Business degree with focus on supply chain management, operations management, strategic sourcing or finance preferred
- Proficiency in MS Suite of software (intermediate to advanced MS Excel)
- Power BI; and developing management level presentation
- Advanced analytical skills; understanding of ERP transactional data and process flows; working with data
- Comfortable negotiating with suppliers and service providers
- Understanding of sourcing requirements to support Ledcor’s core operation in design, build, transport, operate, and maintain construction, infrastructure and technical projects including procurement of both commodities and services
- Ability to form and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen to learn new sourcing techniques for commodities and services and willing to understand business culture and business acumen
- Work from home now, office later.
- Travel to other Ledcor offices and vendor locations as needed, post pandemic.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 2, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada