As a well versed Project Controls Coordinator you are responsible for overseeing and managing the project controls activities and resources on a long term project. Your project controls expertise will allow you to effectively ensure that the project costs, forecasts, and schedule are tracked accurately and in a timely fashion until completion of project, in order to exceed client expectations.
Apply today to join our True Blue team!
- Develops thorough understanding of the contract provisions, scope of work, estimates, budgets, and procurement/contracting plan for the assigned projects
- Interfaces with client personnel in matters related to project controls
- Facilitates the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies, forecasts, performance, and costing information
- Leads the preparation of project schedules with input from client, engineering, procurement and construction as well as the developing, preparing and collecting schedule and cost data for project reports
- Maintains support and tracks implementation of progress reports and schedules from bidding phase to close-out
- Accountable for team or departmental results and for the impact of the results
- 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience using Primavera (P6), JD Edwards and Excel
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Understand method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A track record of building successful relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems
- Proven ability to understand the engineering, procurement, and construction phases
- Position may be home or site based depending on project requirements
- Rotational shift based on project site
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 11, 2021
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada