You as the Planner/Scheduler are responsible for the planning, development and coordination of the project schedule including tracking issues, analyzing data and providing reports to key stakeholders and clients. You will interact with key stakeholders Project Management team (Ledcor and client), Superintendents, field staff, Project Controls, Document Control.
You will be reporting to the Regional Manager.
Join our Ledcor Building team in Toronto, ON.
- Prepares and distributes the schedule including any required updates
- Monitors and reports on progress of work and any problems that affect the planned schedule
- Monitors compliance and initiates corrective measures
- Contributes to the development of working schedules for Estimating as required, prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time
- Maintains master schedule for each project and identifies and records the impact of work performed and not performed as scheduled
- Evaluates actual construction progress and provides regular schedule updates
- Interfaces with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems
- Serves as technical advisor for the solution of difficult production problems
- Consults the appropriate project team members and estimating procedures as a means of ensuring that proper planning is completed prior to the commencement of work
- Provides information as needed on the content, modification, or presentation of project schedule and works with Project Managers to modify schedule as needed
- Continuously expands and updates professional knowledge and hones training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- 15+ years of experience in a similar role
- Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma
- Experience in industrial pipeline/heavy civil construction strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of construction execution strategy
- Ability to work in various environments - from the lunchroom to the boardroom
- Experience using Microsoft Project, Primavera (P6) and / or CMMS for planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational and planning abilities
- Travel to job sites required
- Valid driver license for Ontario
- Office based position or site assignment on larger projects
- Some travel will be required to project sites and/or office locations
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 13, 2021
344 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON, Canada