You are looking to build a career in telecommunications working with fibre optic systems. As an MxU Fibre Designer you are responsible for supporting the design and construction of fibre services in multi-tenant structures. You will work in both the office and field to design inside wiring solutions to bring fibre to customers’ homes and businesses while providing exceptional customer service and quality work. You enjoy working with technology while connecting customers to a first class fibre optic network.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver or Calgary today!
- Design GPON networks, both outside plant and multi-tenant structure inside plant
- Understand inside plant design principles, work order procedures, telecommunication industry standards and be in compliance with the latest revisions of any relevant Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures, local and governmental jurisdiction and be in accordance with instructions supplied by customer
- Drive to and from customer locations to complete design services in commercial and/or mixed-use buildings
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Cost estimating and material forecasting
- Provides support to field teams to answer project specification questions and ensure the highest quality product is being generated by the team
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Engineering or Drafting
- 2-4 years of experience, working within Telecommunications, Outside Plant or Mapping Operations of a Fiber Optic Network
- Quality Control experience preferred
- Degree or diploma from a technical college would be an asset
- Previous work experience in telecommunications including structured cabling and outside plant support an asset
- Experience working with fibre optics is an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs. Experience with AutoCAD would be an asset.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license (Class 5) and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Office based position
- Travel to project locations in within the province will be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 18, 2021
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada