In this newly created role, you will be accountable for the development of long-term technology strategies and roadmaps that positions the investment and use of technology and data as a key enabler for achieving Ledcor’s strategic priorities. Working in close collaboration with Ledcor Information Services (LIS) Business Relationship, LIS Enterprise Architecture, and senior leaders across the enterprise, you will lead strategic discussions to co-ordinate the development of IT strategies and initiatives for each Operating Group/Function. In addition, you will lead the development and ongoing management of Technology Strategy team members and overseeing prioritization of workload, deliverables, and the performance of the team.
Apply to join our Information Services team today!
- Understands the corporate strategy, priorities and value drivers and operational strategy of BU/FNs as well as external industry market factors and external LIS opportunities and challenges
- Provides assessment of internal LIS strength and weaknesses, assesses innovation opportunities to evaluate for applicability & analyzes and synthesizes information into LIS strategy
- Supports the communication and cascading of the top-down strategy within LIS
- Ensures the alignment of corporate strategy, business (OG/FN) strategy and LIS business strategy
- Prepares and leads strategic discussions/workshops with OG/FNs to understand strategic goals, priorities, and business requirements
- Leads business leaders through the development of a business capabilities model for the enterprise (and/or assigned business unit). Evaluates and presents information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings with recommendations
- Assesses the implication of OG/FN requirements on LIS strategy, architecture landscape and services
- Supports Enterprise Architecture in the translation of business requirements into architecture requirements Leads the development and maintains service offerings relating to Technology Strategy that are utilized in the creation of technology strategies and roadmaps with OG/FNs.
- Leads the development and maintains service offerings relating to Technology Strategy that are utilized in the creation of technology strategies and roadmaps with OG/FNs.
- Undertakes research on external environment trends, practices, and innovation to ensure that Ledcor’s technology investments enable optimal business performance. Communicates trends across Ledcor.
- Produces and leads the development of in-depth reports on key emerging technology topic and oversees the development of a monthly/quarterly report summarizing key developments across the emerging technology sector
- Works with stakeholders to build support for emerging technology reports as well as contribute to other reports and contributes short articles for other publications and presentations
- Act as a subject matter expert in technology strategy and digital transformation.
- Leads the evolution of the Technology Strategy team, responsible for attracting and retaining talent. Manages team member skills, improving team knowledge and expertise on Technology Strategy practices and accountable for managing the team’s overall performance.
- Shares own technical expertise with the Technology Strategy team and across LIS and Operating Groups/Functions via coaching, hands-on training, and day-to-day delivery interactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science/IT, or similar discipline. Master's Degree an asset.
- 8 -10+ years’ experience including people leadership accountabilities, ideally with combined experience in an IT/technical and business or non-IT function role
- Previous strategy and/or business transformation experience an asset
- Previous management consultancy experience an asset
- Relationship / Management Skills - Establishes trust with diverse stakeholder groups in the business and within LIS
- Business Communication - Distill and communicate ideas into forms that are easy for others to understand; Exceptionally strong ability to structure, assemble and deliver a business presentation that enables senior management decision making; Influence the thinking , decisions and actions of senior leaders
- Strategic Thinking - Ability to think out of the box and challenge status quo; Conceptual thinker: convergent as well as divergent; Focus efforts on significant value and strategic importance; Uncover fundamental insights which can reframe a decision or recommendation
- Financial Skills - Strong understanding of investment portfolio management frameworks and processes; Ability to stress-test business case assumptions and the underlying financial impacts / results; Strong understanding of financial modelling – ability to build complex models that captures data and assumptions accurately; ability to perform quality assurance and validation of financial models and assumptions
- Facilitation Skills - Capability to coordinate, plan and facilitate workshops; Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Feb 24, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada