You are an experienced Finishing Carpenter with commercial construction expertise. You have experience preparing on-site personnel for the project and day-to-day execution of work and enforcing safety regulations. You will ensure service and warranty jobs are completed effectively.
Join the Ledcor Building Construction Group in Vancouver and across the lower mainland!
- Demonstrates leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor's health, safety, and environmental standards daily
- Ensure that subcontractors perform assigned tasks accordingly while following Ledcor’s safety and quality program.
- Perform inspections once sub-trades have confirmed completion of warranty jobs. Provide updates to Service and Warranty Specialist and Service and Warranty Manager
- Perform minor repairs independently such as touch-up painting, minor carpentry, caulking, handyman tasks
- Comprehends blueprint readings to prepare layouts including selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, measuring and marking materials to avoid costly mistakes or omissions
- Works with the team to ensure tasks are completed safely, correctly, and on schedule
- Reports to the Service and Warranty Team any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Minimum of 5 years’ related project experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software an asset
- Preferably have a Journeyperson Carpenter ticket from a recognized training authority
- Must have previous experience on commercial construction projects
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have valid Class 5 drivers license
- Typical 5 days a week
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Work will be indoors and outdoors
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages) Group BC medical coverage and matching retirement savings plan
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Apr 9, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada