You are an Engineer-In-Training or Professional Engineer with experience working in pipeline construction. As the Project Coordinator you will use your exceptional organizational skills to provide support and assist operations staff in the implementation of project and divisional management plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valemount & Blue River!
- Set up and maintains systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site office, master filing system, project billings and cost accounting system, and project directory
- Perform general administrative and record keeping functions including review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Support the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, assisting with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manage the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data, and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, assists with the creation of the project schedule, inputs and updates schedule throughout the project, and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Facilitate the review and distribution of drawings and maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinate the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades, and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements, collecting warranties and O&M manuals, creating turnover documents, and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- 2+ years of mainline pipeline project coordination experience
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of main construction office processes: project set up, subcontract management, change orders, RFIs, lien hold-backs, and closeout
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations, anticipating client needs, and proactively identifying solutions to nonstandard task/queries
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explaining difficult information clearly, and influencing and persuading others towards consensus in straightforward situations
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off
- Camp based position
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Apr 13, 2021
., Valemount, BC, Canada