You are an experienced VCS Coordinator who, under the direction and guidance of the Estimating Manager provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
You will be the link between the Client’s technical team, the consultant design team, Ledcor and any sub-contractors teams. You will also support the Integrated Digital Design or BIM requirements for different projects to ensure information is delivered and coordinated between engineering disciplines, organizations and packages. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our Ledcor team today!
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Construction Managers to develop a project specific process for utilizing or creating 3D information for estimating, logistics, planning, scheduling, coordination, field layout and/or facilitates management.
- Collaborate with the Scheduling department to build and maintain 4D scheduling model.
- Assist on-site BIM related project coordination, including model coordination with trade contractors
- Troubleshoot BIM related issues on site, seeking assistance from branch BIM staff as required
- Help generate 4D simulations and site logistic models
- Support quantity take-offs taken from BIM models
- Assist project staff in understanding the prime and trade contract documents as they relate to BIM services, responsibilities and delivery
- Communicate updated 3D site logistics plan and 4D modeling animation to project stakeholders
- Help update BIM enabled "as-built" project schedule using BIM elements to demonstrate current status
- Maintain BIM related document management systems on projects
- Coordinate 3D laser scans/point cloud models
- Champion 3D coordination on active job site, act as liaison with project team, consultants and subcontractors to facilitate process and maintain Master Project BIM database.
- Implement VR / AR models for coordination and validation as required
- 5 years+ Experience working on various BIM and 4D simulation related projects.
- Educational and Industry experience requirements include; Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus experience/knowledge of Industrial Construction practice.
- Detailed understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities is vital.
- Some relevant experience working with BIM related software; Autodesk, Revit, Hexagon Suite (Smart Construction)
- Experience with 4d platforms such as Fuzor, Navisworks, 3DS Max, and Synchro
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Team oriented approach to business with a willingness to uphold company values and interest in learning new BIM tools
- Ability to travel to site, mobile for projects
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Apr 13, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada