This is your chance to play a pivotal role in the delivery of one of Canada's largest infrastructure projects. You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development, enhancement, and implementation of Quality Management, and support the field and office-based operations. You will have a track record of managing quality systems on major energy and infrastructure projects in Canada.
Join the Ledcor team in Burnaby today!
- Reporting to the Project Quality Manager you will be responsible for the overall Quality Management for a project segment.
- Build relationships with the Segment Managers, Project Engineers and Field Engineers
- Engage and assist in operations work planning
- Manage third party testing subcontractors
- Development and implementation of Inspection & Test Plans
- Assist with development and implementation of Quality Operating Procedures
- Have technical knowledge and understanding of applicable contract documents, specifications, relevant codes and standards
- Ensure all quality issues are documented, tracked and reported
- Provide technical support to operations and assist with dispositioning technical issues on non-conforming work
- Reviews documents for compliance with contract quality requirements and monitors quality performance
- Assist in the development and implementation of the project Quality training program
- Manage the implementation and tracking of quality records
- Providing KPI information as necessary to the Quality Manager to support project reporting requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with the operations team on quality issues
- Communicate and support relationships with client representatives
- Participate and support quality audits as necessary to support the project audit program
- Ensure there are adequate resources to support the quality and testing needs of the project schedule
- Oversee segment quality staff and Inspectors
- Ensure that all required notifications are being provided to the Client
- Ensuring all on site sub-contractors are evaluated through the Risk Level Assessment and maintaining the On-Site Subcontractor Surveillance Plan
- Host Segment Quality Meetings
- Implementation and management of the Quality Recognition Program
- Manage the inspection and documentation requirements to support the Canada Energy Regulator Leave to Open process
- 10 years work experience with at least 5 years experience in a Quality Management role, working ideally for a general contractor on major oil and gas projects
- Strong knowledge in welding preferably with CWB 178.2 Certification
- Holds tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Technical knowledge of codes and standards, regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Identifies problems/solutions, looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates new solutions to complex problems
- May act as a facilitator and mentor, moves the team forward. Conducts performance management meetings
- Applies metrics to influence strategic decisions, presents opportunities and strengths to peers and senior management
- Analyzes overall operational methods and influences process improvements with the Senior Leadership Team
- This role is based in Burnaby, BC
- 5 on, 2 off, 10 hours per day
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 24, 2021
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada