You are an experienced Estimator with expertise in the civil and earthwork scopes. In this role, you will lead quantity take offs, cost analysis and competitive bid management while utilizing current estimating software. You will prepare lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates for a broad range of projects. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join our Ledcor team in Edmonton, AB!
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Supervises the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings.
- Supervises and performs quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or a related education.
- 5+ years of related estimating experience.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- An understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Bluebeam, InEight Estimate, Primavera P6, and related software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 12, 2021
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada