You're an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) Designer looking for to expand your role. You will be responsible for overseeing the work of several design partners, performing quality control and ensuring a high-level of quality and production is achieved in everything we deliver.
You'll be an integral part of the engineering team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Manage, coordinate and oversee project work assigned to external design partners.
- Review and approve quotes
- Perform technical reviews of design deliverables
- Track and manage project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain performance scorecards
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs).
- Interface with construction and operations to review constructability of designs.
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained.
- Assist design partners with technical guidance on design practices and standards.
- 5+ years' experience working within telecommunications OSP fiber design, copper design or RF plant design is an asset
- Experience in aerial and underground telecommunications design or construction.
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GPON, Copper and Fibre distribution standards and architectures.
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA or QuickBase is an asset.
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, ESRI/ArcGIS, Spatial Net would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Apr 9, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada