This is your opportunity to take a leadership role with Summit Helicopters and play a key role in the continued success of this industry leading organization. You are an experienced aviation professional with proven leadership skills. As General Manager, you will hold the position of Accountable Executive, and be responsible for the safe and profitable operation of Summit Helicopters. In addition, you will act as the key liaison for the Summit Helicopters management team, with both Ledcor leadership and the Board of Directors of the Company.
Join the Summit Helicopters team in Kamloops, BC today!
- Maintains an industry leading operation of Summit Helicopters in terms of safety
- Responsibility for the overall profit and loss position of Summit Helicopters and developing new business
- Supervises the following key positions: Director of Maintenance, Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, Director of Business Development, and Regional Base Managers
- Develops annual and operating budgets for review and approval of Summit Helicopters’ board
- Participates in strategic planning exercises with other members of management and the board
- Oversees the development of board materials and participates in board meetings
- Leads the Summit Helicopters management team in weekly management meetings and reports weekly to the Ledcor Group
- Guides the tactical activities of the business unit including legal, regulatory, safety, and operational plans with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability
- Works collaboratively with other Ledcor leaders to ensure communication and knowledge sharing across the company
- Hires, mentors, guides, and coaches direct reports in order to expand their capabilities and build management depth in the organization
- Adheres to Ledcor group policies, programs, and reporting requirements
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 5-10 years' related industry experience in a leadership or direct management role
- Completion of post-secondary education in business or related field would be an asset
- Proven leadership skills within their teams in the areas of safety, quality and operations
- Proven success in providing guidance and career development to senior team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a highly detailed environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to think strategically
- Solid understanding and proficient use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Summit Helicopters, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, delivers helicopter aviation solutions with one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. Learn more at www.summithelicopters.ca
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Apr 30, 2021
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada