As Director of Construction, Properties you bring 10+ years of experience managing multifamily developments, both for rent and for sale. With your entrepreneurial mindset you will diversify your experience overseeing the full delivery cycle of multifamily and condo developments as well as assisting in acquisitions and dispositions.
You will report to the Vice President, Development, our opportunity is focused in the Cascadia Region (Victoria through Seattle) to manage all aspects of real estate construction in multifamily apartment and condo developments.
In the role you will be leading all phases of real estate construction including planning, predevelopment, tender and negotiation, value engineering, construction management, scheduling, punch, coordination with customer service teams and the ultimate delivery of apartments or condos.
Bring your extensive real estate and construction experience to this impactful leadership role at Ledcor and join our True Blue team today!
This position can be located in either Vancouver or Victoria, BC.
- Assisting the Director of Development and the VP, Development on assigned projects through the design development plan check, working drawings, construction, and delivery stages.
- Provide input to the Director of Development to ensure appropriate consultants are hired to develop project plan.
- Perform reviews of electrical, mechanical, structural, landscape, architectural, and interior design drawings and specifications. Ensure that all of the above are properly coordinated and adequately reflect the commitment made by Ledcor Property Investments Ltd in the contract.
- Contribute and review value engineering as required.
- Provide guidance to the construction team to ensure the project team is provided with pertinent construction information as required.
- Be proactive in discussing alternate means, methods or materials. Take necessary steps to identify products, processes and strategies that will help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Ensure that pertinent information is provided to all stake holders i.e. the general contractor, the development team, internal team and all parties involved
- Oversee the assigned construction project construction budgets, schedules and quality of construction are maintained.
- Ensure that the construction tender pricing is in accordance with the construction budget in the project proforma.
- Work closely with the General Contractor to provide detailed budget breakdowns, cost control reports, cash flows, schedules and quality control programs.
- Support and implement company construction systems and policies that enable the project team to work efficiently and effectively towards our individual and common goals.
- Prepare management reports that include current updates and forecasts on project budgets, schedules and quality control.
- Manage and review the construction budget, and accurate recording and pro-active reporting of all cost changes.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing a variety of residential construction projects and types of construction.
- A minimum of 10 years experience managing construction projects for the owner/developer, including management of design teams through production of working drawings, management of the general contractor through construction, delivery of the product to the customer, and on-going management of warranty programs.
- University/college degree and/or training in construction management engineering, land planning, or related field.
- Specific experience with master plan developments would be an asset.
- Ensures decisions are made in a timely manner with input from team and stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with variety of stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with our core values and ensures strong working relationships in the future.
- Proven success and passion for building and sustaining strong relationships with team members, partners, consultants, community stakeholders and government authorities.
- Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Projects.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam (or similar).
- Travel will be required, including having of a valid driver license and passport.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Ability to work evenings as necessary to attend various city meetings and conferences will be required.
- Travel to various sites and office locations within USA and Canada is required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel to the United States is required.
May 10, 2021
1095 McKenzie Avenue, Victoria, BC, Canada