You are an experienced Design & Engineering Manager, responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications network OSP designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial designers, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel. You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and are able to lead and grow a team of designers.
In this role, you will lead and provide technical guidance to the OSP design team. In addition, you will conduct final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy of existing underground and civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations.
Join our True Blue team in Calgary today!
- Direct supervision of designers, including performance management and training
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments.
- Conducting final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high degree of quality & accuracy of existing underground/civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules
- Owning the interface with clients for technical, schedule and commercial matters
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Providing oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection
- 10+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Fibre optic (FTTH, FTTx, Long-haul, local access) or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial).
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jul 31, 2021
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada