You are an experienced pipeline professional, who will be responsible for the successful execution and completion of large diameter pipeline projects with crew sizes upwards of 800 people. As the Assistant Superintendent you are responsible to ensure construction operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Jasper!
- Demonstrate leadership in the application of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met
- Ensure pipeline operations are well organized and coordinated, and comply with client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers, and labour force
- Oversee project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Strategically plan and implement manpower levels and material quantities, and ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assume a leadership role and provide guidance to field supervisors and project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth; including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Work with the field operations supervision to identify and select qualified field personnel
- Facilitate “Respect in the Workplace” by identifying problems and providing support in terms of worker attitude
- 10+ years of experience in pipeline construction with 3+ years in a leadership role at the superintendent level
- Strong computer skills using the MS Office suite are required
- Previous experience executing successful pipeline projects in mountainous terrain as well as thorough and deep knowledge of the civil and mechanical aspects of pipeline construction including practices, contracts, processes and techniques in grading, welding and coating
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach solutions in conflict situations
- Proven ability to build and maintain successful work crews; has manpower network and the ability to leverage those relationships within the industry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage changing priorities and possesses a track record of successfully managing client relationships effectively
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Site based position - 15 days on 6 day off
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 12, 2021
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada