As a Business Improvement Manager, you are responsible for planning, managing, and executing strategic business excellence and operational improvements across the enterprise, and for specific business units and shared services disciplines. You will support various strategic change, operational improvement, innovation, and planning initiatives.
You are a subject matter expert that drives innovative initiatives related to strategic alignment, strategic improvements, rationalizations, and process efficiencies. You can manage large project teams and complex projects, engage with senior business leaders, and think and act strategically.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our priority. We continue to closely
monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Join our Shared Services Team out of our Vancouver office, apply today!
- Lead program/project management and reporting of multiple business improvement initiatives
- Identify financial and operational levers for improving key processes, structures and/or managing risk, from business development to project execution and close-out.
- Evaluate business cases and establish frameworks for project value propositions.
- Define and support change management with focus on process, people, and technology solution implementation.
- Using standard and approved methodologies; identify, define, and conduct strategic, quantitative, and qualitative analyses for improving profitability, scalability, and efficiency objectives as it relates to improvement projects.
- Establish key performance indicators, method for collection and reporting of key financial and operational data.
- Understand customer needs and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to define business problems / opportunities and develop solutions to close gaps.
- Build relationships and seek to achieve optimal engagement from both business and Shared Services stakeholders
- Establish research objectives and use research engines to gather relevant information to support subject understanding and / or identify and qualify best practices.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant business improvement, business transformation and project management experience
- Experience in operational excellence, construction or similar industrial based industries preferred.
- Management consulting experience from a large professional consulting practice
- Significant practical experience in strategy development, managing business process, technology implementation and organizational changes in emerging environments.
- Understanding of change management practices; experience implementing within a project environment would be an asset.
- Power BI skills will be advantageous.
- Expert to Intermediate MS Office skills (MS Excel, PPT, Word and Project) - high proficiency in PPT required.
- Experience using MS Visio for data flow and process documents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment, engaging on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently if required, and to lead and manage teams.
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to work closely with Executive Management, Business Unit Leaders and Subject Matter Experts
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to build and foster effective client relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and apply sound business acumen.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 11, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada