The General Superintendent, is recognized as an authority across the Ledcor organization and among external clients, is responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations within the branch by establishing and monitoring performance targets for projects and staff.
As the General Superintendent, you will lead a team of superintendents on various projects, ensuring company policies and procedures for safety, scheduling, budget, quality control and client satisfaction are met, while using industry knowledge and experience to drive long-term objectives.
Bring your extensive construction experience to this impactful leadership role at Ledcor and join our True Blue team today in Ottawa.
- Promotes the overall site safety program including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, the Project Specific Safety Plan, and all applicable OH&S acts, regulations, and codes
- Works collaboratively with safety personnel to ensure adherence to Ledcor’s Corporate safety programs and policies
- Oversees and manages multiple superintendents to ensure the successful delivery of various complex commercial construction projects to completion
- Ensures that superintendents are equipped with the resources required to efficiently complete projects according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes while ensuring that safety regulations are strictly followed
- Actively participates in the pre-bid and preconstruction process regarding site layout, logistics, scheduling and workforce planning
- Ensures all projects follow Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual and Construction Quality Program (CQP)
- Hires, mentors, guides and coaches direct reports to expand their capabilities by adhering to Human Resources processes and procedures involving: performance management reviews, training and development, succession planning, transfers and promotions
- Visits project sites regularly to ensure all projects are well executed in accordance with corporate goals and contractual requirements
- Oversees the care and maintenance of internal and rental equipment on projects to maximize use while on the job sites and returns equipment to storage or the rental company when no longer required.
- Participates in the hiring and managing of hourly employees as required to complete projects, and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Participates in strategic planning meetings with branch to coordinate the movement of superintendents and hourly site staff (both Foreman and trades) to projects and future proposals for the branch and other Ledcor branches
- Maintains strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met and ensure future business opportunities
- Supports and promotes Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success
- Other duties as required or assigned by Regional Manager / VP
- 15+ years of construction experience in a strategic or direct management role with demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team and build solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and industry related trade certification / education
- Expertise in the area of safety within the organization and knowledge of OH&S and Environmental standards and regulations
- Familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices
- Possesses strong client sector relationships within commercial, industrial, institutional and residential construction marketplace
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work with senior management
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and ensure that business outcomes are being achieved
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction practices, documents, drawings, schedules, technologies, equipment, industry practices and contract negotiations
- Ability to coach and develop team members through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development
- Ability to anticipate problems and challenges, while providing leadership in creating innovative solutions to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to work closely internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters, and influence on policymaking
- Skills as mentor and arbitrator in extremely complex or political situations
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 11, 2021
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada