You're a Facilities Technician, working under the general guidance of senior employees, who performs planned maintenance and corrective operational work, general administrative, janitorial, and additional duties as assigned. As a Facilities Technician, you’ll apply your mechanical and technical skills to keep natural gas compressor stations, measurement stations, and pipeline sites running smoothly. You will be an integral part of supporting both the Hamilton and Niagara Falls, ON regions.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Ensure facilities comply with company health, safety, environment and risk standards
- Perform monthly and annual preventive maintenance and inspections on site equipment
- Perform routine pipeline, gas measurement and compression maintenance activities as required
- Understand emergency management, preparedness and response procedures for work locations
- Oversee third party contractors
- Perform basic maintenance such as installing building signage and repairing fences
- Perform basic additional duties such as routine administration, clerical duties, janitorial etc.
- Provide assistance to technicians as needed
- Must have the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned
- Technical diploma apprenticeship (Electrical /Electronic diploma, or Automotive or Industrial Mechanic/Millwright etc.) would be considered an asset
- Must have a valid Class G driver's license, with a clear 3-year driver's abstract
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Trained/experienced in SAP Scheduling would be an asset
- Previous experience in the oil and natural gas industry would be an asset
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Able to travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings and training involving overnight stays away from home
- Modified two-week shift schedule consisting of: Week 1: Monday to Thursday 9 hrs straight time and Friday 8 hrs, Week 2: Monday to Thursday 9 hrs straight time and Friday off
- Regional role serving both Niagara Falls and Hamilton, ON areas
- Candidates may be required to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 6, 2021
., Niagara Falls, ON, Canada