You are an experienced Senior Accountant with proven business acumen, seeking an opportunity to advance your career in a dynamic organization. As a Senior Accountant you are responsible for our forestry operations to process accounting transactions and provide analysis and reporting as required by the business, leveraging your proven knowledge of cost accounting.
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
Join the team at Ledcor Resources & Transportation in our Vancouver, BC office. Apply today!
- Compile, enter and balance all financial data reported by operations management related to Trucking and Biomass business units.
- Prepare and provide daily/weekly costing relating to multiple grinding projects, including reporting on daily/weekly fibre movement and closing stock at multiple locations
- Work closely with Operations to ensure that timely pricing and costing information is always available.
- Prepare accurate and timely weekly and monthly financial forecasts/flash reports supporting operational KPIs
- Manage the key transactional spreadsheet tool utilized to track procurement, production, shipping and sales.
- Reconcile accounts receivable and follow up on overdue accounts
- Responsible for month end close, including the preparation of all month end journal entries, variance analysis and management financial reporting
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts to General Ledger to assess reasonability of accruals; review with management and make adjustments as required
- Complete operational budgets and rolling forecasts in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to lead, mentor and supervise direct report
- Support the coordination of audits and reviews
- Take on special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience, preferably in cost/project accounting
- CPA designation
- Demonstrated operations and accounting experience with well-rounded knowledge of standard accounting concepts and practices, including internal controls
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with expert knowledge of Excel
- Advanced computer skills using accounting software; familiarity with JD Edwards or similar ERP system would be an asset
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing with operations personnel, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple tasks, and set priorities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 18, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada