Job Description Summary
You are an estimating professional with five plus years related industry estimating experience including a variety of complex multi-disciplined projects in the telecommunication sector. As an Estimator, you will be involved in the full cycle preparation and coordination of competitive bids for the Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) group.
Join our True Blue team today!
**this is a telecommuting position**
- Produces quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Develops the schedule on which the estimate is built based, requests input from the project team and the various trades required
- Develops complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Is actively aware of costs related to own work and associated projects, provides input to the estimating team on all financial cost matters; reviews bid tender documents and assesses potential risk
- Minimum 5+ years of Telecommunications estimating experience within aerial, and underground outside plant construction and horizontal directional drilling
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or related education
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness. Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office
- Experience with InEight Estimate and/or other estimating software would be an asset
- Ability to identify problems/issues; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates possible solutions
We have always made the safety and health of employees our first priority. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have implemented proactive measures across the company to curb the spread of the virus and protect those at risk. This includes flexible work arrangements, including work from home (WFH) where possible and new safe work environment protocols on all work sites.
May 26, 2021
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
., San Antonio, TX, United States