As Administrative Assistant for the Vancouver office, you will provide a wide-ranging array of services to Ledcor's Corporate Division. In conjunction with the other members of the administrative team, you will ensure the smooth operation of various accounts, provide coverage for the main reception, and monitor, order, receive and inventory supplies.
You are starting out in your administrative career and have a proven commitment to customer service. You will work collaboratively with the entire team to contribute to the overall optimal performance of a highly-functioning Corporate Head Office.
Join the team in Vancouver, BC.
- Provide daily reception desk coverage
- Provide administrative support to the Office Services group and the Executive Assistant to the Chairman as required
- Distribute and process incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Ensure the cleanliness and inventory of office common areas - kitchens, copy rooms, supply rooms, and boardrooms
- Coordinate interoffice moves, repairs and furniture orders
- Maintain corporate floor plans
- Manage office equipment – photocopiers, printers, shredders, etc.
- Liaise with account representatives
- Verify invoices and compile billings
- Act as the office supply account contact and order approver
- Assist in the preparation of meetings and conference calls
- Provide vacation relief for members of the Office Services team
- Minimum high school diploma
- Previous experience in a busy, professional office environment preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous experience using a busy switchboard, with a strong customer service focus
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with all levels of employees, with an understanding and appreciation of customer requirements
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong aptitude with numbers and attention to detail
- Well-organized, self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to adeptly manage both busy times and periods of downtime
- Enjoys working in a busy, team-oriented environment
- Enthusiastic, friendly, approachable and team oriented personality, with a positive attitude
- This position would require some light lifting, must be able to lift (20 pounds)
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 11, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada