You are an Equipment Operator with previous experience working in underground utility or civil construction industry. You are practiced at operating a variety of machinery (directional drills, vibratory plows, mini excavators, skid steers, backhoes) and enjoy jumping out of the equipment to lend a hand wherever needed. In collaboration with the other crew members, you will complete work safely and efficiently.
Apply now! and join our Technical Services team in London, Ontario today!
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Operates equipment (directional drills, vibratory plows, mini excavators, skid steers, backhoes) and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.), as required
- Drives cube van or 3-ton dump truck with trailer in tow
- Possesses an AZ/DZ license
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day’s tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, etc...)
- Trains and leads new workers on day-to-day work practices and procedures
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- May perform other related duties as required
- Previous experience working in the underground utility construction, civil construction or landscaping
- Directional drilling experience as asset
- Experience operating a mini-excavator and skid steers
- Ability to read underground utility locates
- Capable of reading underground telecommunication plans and work maps
- Experience operating and maintaining mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes
- Strong time management skills with the ability to attend to a broad range of activities
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Capable of writing clearly and succinctly for different forms of communication
- AZ/DZ License an asset
- Clean drivers abstract
- Applicants that reside in the London, Ontario area will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
May 27, 2021
310 Neptune Crescent, London, ON, Canada