We are seeking students available for 4 to 8 month internships to join our Ledcor Technical Services team in various locations across Ontario (SW Ontario, Eastern Ontario and Toronto starting in June 2021. The student under the direction and guidance of the team, provides technical and/or management support and assists operations staff to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Support and maintain systems and procedures at project start-up
- Support the sub contract management process throughout the duration of the project
- Coordinate, distribute and maintain request for information (RFI) processes, logs and binders
- Work with Project Manager/Superintendent to facilitate tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines
- Follow up with trades/consultants to facilitate the review and distribution of drawings, logs and sample transmittals
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assist with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out including creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Promote the overall Ledcor site safety program
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Working towards a program in construction management / engineering / telecommunications or a related field
- Can build relationships, team orientated, personable, confident, able to influence key stakeholders and proactively participate in discussions
- Up to 2 years related work experience (co-op/internships will be considered an asset)
- Knowledge of office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Strong written and communication skills
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong technical skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Familiar with commercial/mining/heavy civil/infrastructure construction methodology and practices
- Some positions will be remote work from home and field positions will be on site across Ontario
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Aug 9, 2021
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada