You are an experienced Tug Master in the Fraser River and/or BC coastal waters, looking to leverage your proven skills and knowledge in a challenging and rewarding marine environment. Ledcor is committed to the ongoing development of our Mariners, providing opportunity to upgrade your certificate of competency. With opportunities for leadership and career development, you will join our dedicated vessel operations team. Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC.
With new opportunities on the horizon and steady work schedules it is an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!
- Ensures the vessel crew meets Ledcor Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and follow safe operating procedures
- Operational control and knowledge of tugboat in all aspects of towing barges and ship assists
- Interacts closely with crew and management and manages the day-to-day operation of vessel and crew
- Communicates with shore-based team to promote efficiency and safety in the entire operation
- May perform other duties as required
- Minimum 2 to 5 years sea service towing barges and/or towing logs on the Fraser River and the BC Coast in either a Mate or Master position.
- Must have a minimum 60 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency. The Company may require Certificates of Competency to be upgraded from 60 GT to 150 GT to meet operational needs. The Company will support the cost of training for those who are required to upgrade their 60 GT Certificate of Competency to a 150 GT Certificate.
- Experience navigating and operating tugs on the Fraser River, particularly North Arm and South (Main) Arm; familiarity with Fraser River bridges and bridge transit restrictions from Marpole to Mission is considered a strong asset for this position
- Knowledge, familiarity and demonstrated skill in maintaining vessel machinery and navigation electronics
- familiarity with towing tandem barges in tight quarters under couplers and tandem towing on deep sea gear is considered an asset
- Team player, strong communication, supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent tug/barge safety record and demonstrated boat handling skills
- Ability to meet Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
- Scheduled shift rotation with competitive compensation package
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC, including eligibility for officer retention program
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Aug 30, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada