You are a HS&E Coordinator who will provide expert advice independently or with minimal direction/guidance, providing management support and assisting operations staff to achieve the corporate goal of zero incidents. You will be both involved on health and safety on worksites, and act as a resource to line supervisors to assist them in fulfilling their responsibilities.
Apply now! Join our Ledcor team in London, ON today!
- Conducts inspections of the work area and meet with supervisors to discuss any potential problems: help to ensure the adequate supply of safety equipment, such as protective equipment, fire extinguishers, respirators, etc., monitor environmental hazards, such as excessive noise, toxic agents, etc.
- Provides Supervisors and employees with services and advice on safety, health and environment issues, conducts site safety orientation for new employees, coordinates and train the site rescue team
- Able to be assertive and speak with confidence
- Participates with the Safety Lead and other Project Safety Coordinators in the development, revision and implementation of procedures, standards, rules and regulations. Assists the Supervisors to implement programs
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with Client, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Verifies that work instructions (safe work procedures, job hazard analysis) are current and updated as the scope changes, responsible for “look ahead” mentality to eliminate risks
- Assists in the investigation of incidents for cause identification and recommends corrective action, engages fully in a lesson learned - continuous improvement process within the area of influence
- Monitors and reports on the overall effectiveness of the safety program.
- Audits the quality of the field level hazard assessment cards and incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness
- Helps Operations prepare site specific material for safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Completed Post-secondary education in OHS from a registered institution
- 5-7 years of related work experience in construction, telecommunications, or manufacturing safety role. Strong consideration would be given to candidates with Telecom experience
- CRSP or CRST designation or at least eligible
- Must have an NCSO designation minimum
- Must have valid JHSC Part 2 Construction certification
- Must have a clean drivers’ abstract
- Possess valid First Aid and CPR
- Experience developing technical knowledge of common construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Experience in executing a health & safety strategy
- Experience in conducting Health & safety orientations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Experience in root cause analysis
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience, explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Jun 7, 2021
310 Neptune Crescent, London, ON, Canada